Four-Cheese Spinach Lasagna Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach. Set 1 cup aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss cheese. Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the cheese mixture, vegetables and 3/4 cup spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, reserved spinach mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Four-Cheese Spinach Lasagna
Sort By :
Fabulous. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I also added diced red onion.