- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute vegetables and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in spinach. Set 1 cup aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella and Swiss cheese. Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the cheese mixture, vegetables and 3/4 cup spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, reserved spinach mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Spinach Lasagna
Sort By :
"Fabulous. I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I also added diced red onion."
"Great recipe, even my picky eaters liked it."
"I love to serve this dish with our own fresh from the garden spinach, broccoli, peppers, and oninos. With my family of eleven this is a big hit!!"
"This is an excellent recipe. All my guests enjoyed it tremendously!!! I will make it frequently, especially to serve to guests."