Four-Cheese Spinach Bake
"This rich cheesy dish is the only way I can get my kids to eat spinach," writes Trish Nelson of Lynn Center, Illinois. "It makes a lovely brunch bake, and traditionally, I always serve it on Christmas Eve. But because it's so light and yummy, my family asks for this crustless quiche year-round."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (32 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese,
- flour and salt if desired. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 320 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 207 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.