"This rich cheesy dish is the only way I can get my kids to eat spinach," writes Trish Nelson of Lynn Center, Illinois. "It makes a lovely brunch bake, and traditionally, I always serve it on Christmas Eve. But because it's so light and yummy, my family asks for this crustless quiche year-round."
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups (32 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, flour and salt if desired. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Spinach Bake in Country Woman May/June 2005, p40
Reviews for Four-Cheese Spinach Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review