Four-Cheese Rice Casserole Recipe
My husband and I developed this recipe to avoid making a broccoli and rice casserole that we had relied on for years. Now his folks won't let us in the door at the holidays without this dish in hand. Gretchen Kavanaugh, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the rice, spinach, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and onion mixture.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, milk, garlic powder and beau monde seasoning until smooth. Add to rice mixture and mix well.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 353 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Rice Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC