My husband and I developed this recipe to avoid making a broccoli and rice casserole that we had relied on for years. Now his folks won't let us in the door at the holidays without this dish in hand.
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon beau monde seasoning
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the rice, spinach, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese and onion mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, milk, garlic powder and beau monde seasoning until smooth. Add to rice mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Rice Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p54
Reviews for Four-Cheese Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review