Four-Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. In a blender, process the tomatoes until smooth. Stir into beef mixture along with mushrooms, tomato paste and seasonings; simmer 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzarella and eggs. Spread 2 cups meat sauce in the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange half the noodles over sauce. Spread cheese mixture over noodles. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Lasagna(8)
Sort By :
This recipe was not great, just good. I didnt think it was that cheesy and I even added a little more cheese than what it called for. Kathyferickson, 16 oz. of noodles was waaaayyy too much. The recipe says to cook 16 oz of noodles and theres only 2 layers of lasagna noodles so thats 8 oz of noodles per layer. I made it a 3 layer and still only used 9 lasagna noodles because 3 fit perfectly per layer in a 9x13.
The recipe calls for one pound of lasagna noodles; is that correct? It seems like a lot of noodles for a 9x13 pan. Pls inform.
My boyfriend loved it...he had thirds!
Great Lasagna!! I have made it several times. Always a hit.
I got rid of all my other lasagna recipes after trying this one!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >