My husband loves this recipe. It's a wonderful use for my garden tomatoes! —Jen Low, Buffalo, New York
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut each tomato into five slices. Spread each with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown and tomatoes are heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Broiled Tomato Slices in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Broiled Tomato Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review