- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut each tomato into five slices. Spread each with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese mixture is golden brown and tomatoes are heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Four-Cheese Broiled Tomato Slices
Sort By :
"I put these yummy tomatoes on my garlic bread after they were both toasted. It was so delicious. I think I will try to make mini ones for a party."
"My husband raved about these! It is a good way to use the tomatoes from our garden. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Sometimes instead of using the mozzarella cheese, I use shredded cheddar cheese or even Pepper Jack cheese."
"This is so so very good. We use this as a side dish. Everyone I've served this to loved it.. Many people have asked for the recipe."
"This is very good as a toasted open face sandwich. Toast your bread, add a sandwich meat if desired, and then follow directions for the recipe."
"Ohhh, how delicious! We had these with breakfast. I only made 1/4 the recipe since it was just the 2 of us. My husband wants more. Thanks for this simple way to fix my garden tomatoes."