Four-Cheese Baked Ziti Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Galbani® Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the onion, green pepper and carrots until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Cook ziti according to package directions; drain. Stir in the vegetable mixture, ricotta cheese, provolone cheese and basil.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 286 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 806 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.