Four-Cheese Baked Ziti Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the onion, green pepper and carrots until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and pepper flakes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain. Stir in the vegetable mixture, ricotta cheese, provolone cheese and basil.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Four-Cheese Baked Ziti in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p24
Reviews for Four-Cheese Baked Ziti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2014
A great veggie main course. Everyone loves this and I even take it to people when they need a meal post baby or illness.
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010
I left out the crushed tomatoes and it still tasted great!