For a big berry taste, you can't beat this tasty spread. With a flavorful foursome of blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, this lovely jam brightens any breakfast. -Marie St. Thomas, Sterling, Massachusetts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Crush berries in a Dutch oven. Stir in pectin; bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off any foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: about 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Four-Berry Spread in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p29
Reviews for Four-Berry Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review