Four-Berry Spinach Salad
Nature's candy abounds in the berry-filled salad Betty Lise Anderson serves in Gahanna, Ohio. Its slightly tart dressing contrasts deliciously with sweet in-season fruit.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10
- ingredients; shake well. Combine the spinach and berries in a small
- salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with walnuts; toss to
- coat. Yield: 2 servings.