Four Bean Turkey Chili
Four kinds of beans and plenty of seasonings make this chunky chili a crowd-pleaser, particularly on autumn days. "Serve bowls sprinkled with your favorite shredded cheese," suggests Judith Whitford of East Aurora, New York.
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the turkey, onion and green
- pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield:
- 15 servings.