Four kinds of beans and plenty of seasonings make this chunky chili a crowd-pleaser, particularly on autumn days. "Serve bowls sprinkled with your favorite shredded cheese," suggests Judith Whitford of East Aurora, New York.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Bean Chile in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p10
Reviews for Four Bean Turkey Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review