Four-Bean Taco Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 cups.
1 cup: 280 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1186mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Four-Bean Taco Chili
"We love this chili! I resist the urge to overdo & add other things like fresh onions & garlic, etc. & keep it simple. Only change I make is to add a greater variety of beans. We serve this with lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc. & everyone eats it their way ~ taco salad, chips & cheese with the taco soup on top, or straight up in the bowl. I have a large family -lots of kids/grandkids & so make this for one of our family dinner nights & all enjoy!"