Four-Bean Supreme Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beans. In another bowl, combine the onion, sugars, salt, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and seasonings. Stir into beans.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon pieces. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 220 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Four-Bean Supreme
"This is an easy dish that has become a "MUST HAVE" in our home. Serve it up with corn bread or popovers and it just hits the spot! Try it and enjoy!"
"made it twice in two days the only thing different is i added and extra can of pork and beans so it would have more sauce"