This recipe has been in my family as long as anyone can remember. It's possible it came from Ireland with my great-great-grandparents.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- 3 bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine beans. In another bowl, combine the onion, sugars, salt, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and seasonings. Stir into beans.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with bacon pieces. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Four-Bean Supreme in Country June/July 2002, p51
Reviews for Four-Bean Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review