Four-Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine all of the beans, green pepper and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring several times. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 172 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Four-Bean Salad
"Good ingredients with the promise of a good salad. I can't understand why people insist in adding sugar to salads. Try your favorite but forget the sugar. May surprise you."
"I found this in my church potluck cookbook from taste of home. I made it to take to a church supper and everyone loved it. A definite keeper."
"rave reviews at a pot-luck picnic. diffinitely will make this again. Thanks."
"I've made this several times. Great for picnics."
"Yep- looks almost like the one I make, only I use thin red onion slices..."