Four-Bean Medley Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder.
- 2. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Place the beans in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add onion mixture and bacon; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 297 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Four-Bean Medley
"This is an easy dish to prepare the night before, refrigerate and then just plug the crock pot in the next day. I took this to Xmas dinner and it was a hit. I used turkey bacon and would like to try vegetarian bacon the next time."