Four-Bean Medley Recipe
"This bean side dish always draws compliments," relates Susanne Wasson of Montgomery, New York. "Because it's easy to fix ahead and simmer in the slow cooker, it's convenient to take to potlucks and church meals."
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 medium onions, quartered and sliced
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic powder.
- 2. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Place the beans in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add onion mixture and bacon; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 297 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 8g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Four-Bean Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC