For Goodness Sakes Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold. Yield: 12-16 servings.
2/3 cup: 252 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for For Goodness Sakes Salad
"I have made this one for our son, Mason for 20+ years. It is a must for Thanksgiving."
"I've made this gelatin salad many times -- sometimes as printed above and sometimes with all lime gelatin. Either way, my family can't get enough of it."