For Goodness Sakes Salad Recipe
I've shared this salad recipe more than any other in file. Upon reading the list of ingredients, folks often exclaim, "Well, for goodness sakes!"...hence the name! The unusual blend of flavors makes this one of our family's favorite.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 252 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC