- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for For Goodness Sakes Salad
"I have a quick question for this recipe. It states one tbls. horseradish sauce......is this the plain horseradish or the creamy type that you get at Arby's for their beef sandwiches. Thanks for your advice, I can't wait to try this for our next church potluck dinner."
"I have made this one for our son, Mason for 20+ years. It is a must for thanksgiving."
"I've made this gelatin salad many times -- sometimes as printed above and sometimes with all lime gelatin. Either way, my family can't get enough of it."