I've shared this salad recipe more than any other in file. Upon reading the list of ingredients, folks often exclaim, "Well, for goodness sakes!"...hence the name! The unusual blend of flavors makes this one of our family's favorite.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as For Goodness Sakes Salad in Reminisce July/August 1994, p53
Reviews for For Goodness Sakes Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
"I have made this one for our son, Mason for 20+ years. It is a must for thanksgiving."
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2008
"I've made this gelatin salad many times -- sometimes as printed above and sometimes with all lime gelatin. Either way, my family can't get enough of it."