For Goodness Sakes Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as For Goodness Sakes Salad in Reminisce July/August 1994, p53
Reviews for For Goodness Sakes Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2012
I have made this one for our son, Mason for 20+ years. It is a must for thanksgiving.
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2008
I've made this gelatin salad many times -- sometimes as printed above and sometimes with all lime gelatin. Either way, my family can't get enough of it.