Homemade chocolate frosting adds a special touch to these moist brownies prepared from a mix. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-in. pan size)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions. Spread
- into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350°
- for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a
- wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla
- until smooth. Frost the cooled brownies. Loosely cover and chill for
- 1 hour or until frosting is set.
- With a sharp knife, make lengthwise cuts 1-1/2-in. parallel cuts from
- a short side to a long side to form diamonds. In a microwave, melt
- chocolate chips at 50% power; stir until smooth. Place in a small
- heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of
- bag. Pipe laces on brownies. Yield: about 3 dozen.