These yummy bites pack a lot of zingy flavor and can be made up to 4 hours ahead, refrigerated, then warmed, for convenience. Try adding chopped artichoke hearts for an extra-special touch. —Gail Lucas, Olive Branch, Mississippi
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 30 small fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan
- cheese; spoon into mushroom caps.
- Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining
- Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 mushroom equals 29 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.