These yummy bites pack a lot of zingy flavor and can be made up to 4 hours ahead, refrigerated, then warmed, for convenience. Try adding chopped artichoke hearts for an extra-special touch. —Gail Lucas, Olive Branch, Mississippi
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 30 small fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine spreadable cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese; spoon into mushroom caps.
- Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with basil if desired. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Foolproof Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Foolproof Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review