Foolproof Gravy Recipe
Make your Thanksgiving or other special-occasion dinner easy with this can't-miss recipe. Use the drippings from your roasted turkey, and the gravy is done in just 20 minutes. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups; transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon granules, poultry seasoning and white pepper. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 165 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Foolproof Gravy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC