- Drippings from 1 roasted turkey
- 1/2 to 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour drippings into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim and discard fat. Add enough broth to the drippings to measure 2 cups; transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into drippings mixture. Stir in the bouillon granules, poultry seasoning and white pepper. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Foolproof Gravy
"I was looking for some help to make a rich gravy for Thanksgiving turkey dinner. This one was delicious. I love the white pepper seasoning, and the milk makes it very creamy and delicious."
"This recipe is how I learned to make perfect gravy. I was never consistent. Now it's perfect everytime. I have this recipe memorized"
"I made this at Christmas dinner, it was bland and very light color. My own homemade gravy is better and will make that next time."
"Delicous and easy!"
"Very easy and tasty; and I didn't add any bouillon or broth. I had an herb rub on my turkey, and sliced celery and onion underneath it."