- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup julienned oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl, mix the first six ingredients; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and the remaining salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with paprika.
- Carefully pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread cheese mixture over chicken. Roll up chicken from a short side; secure with toothpicks.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side down. Drizzle tops with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and chicken is no longer pink. Let stand 5 minutes; discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fontina Rolled Chicken
"Made this last night and it was delicious !! Did the prep ahead of time and it was easy. I didn't have to use the tooth picks,.just rolled and put on the foil in pan. Excellent and will definitely make again. Thanks !!!"
"Absolutely delicious! I didn't have Panko breadcrumbs so I used regular. The combination of flavors was amazing. This is definitely a dish to be made for company."