Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
We use a white sauce and mild fontina cheese to coat sliced potatoes in this casserole for two. It's rich and delicious!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a greased 3-cup baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, fontina cheese, white sauce and chives. Top with remaining potatoes, fontina, sauce and chives.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 357 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2015
"easy to make and delightful good."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC