Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
We use a white sauce and mild fontina cheese to coat sliced potatoes in this casserole for two. It's rich and delicious!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a greased 3-cup baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, fontina cheese, white sauce and chives. Top with remaining potatoes, fontina, sauce and chives.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 357 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2015
"easy to make and delightful good."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC