- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 3-cup baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, fontina cheese, white sauce and chives. Top with remaining potatoes, fontina, sauce and chives.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p186
Reviews for Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review