- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a greased 3-cup baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, fontina cheese, white sauce and chives. Top with remaining potatoes, fontina, sauce and chives.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p186
Reviews for Fontina Potatoes Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2015
"easy to make and delightful good."