Fontina Ham Stromboli Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or additional deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool completely.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread each with 2 tablespoons pesto; sprinkle with onion mixture and basil. Arrange the ham, prosciutto and fontina cheese over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under.
- Brush with remaining pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
Reviews for Fontina Ham Stromboli(7)
Sort By :
I thought the dough was hard to work with and roll out; might use the Pillsbury Pizza Dough next time. Also thought about changing up the ingredients b/c my 17 y/o, who doesn't normally have a picky pallet, didn't care for the pesto. Thinking about doing just pizza sauce, pepperoni, sausage, and mozzarella cheese. My husband and I really enjoyed it.
My favorite stromboli recipe yet.
Made this for a meal exchange...it got rave reviews!
Delicious! You can easily change the meat, cheese to your liking - make a different stromboli each time! I think the pesto is my favorite part of it.
I made my own pizza dough from my bread machine.
Christmas Eve this year we had Fontina Ham Stromboli. It was great! I even gave some out as part of a Christmas gift and got rave reviews. Thank you for sharing your recipe with others.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >