Fontina-Fruit Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast half; place in bag. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, saute apple in butter until tender. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the cheese, cherries, salt and pepper. Drain chicken, discarding marinade; stuff with apple mixture. Secure with soaked toothpicks.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 247 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Fontina-Fruit Chicken Breasts
"Great combination of flavors. Absolutely a must for all chicken and fruit lovers. I broiled this time, I'll grill next time. Thanks for the awesome recipe!"