Fontina Asparagus Tart
This lemony cheese and veggie tart is easy to make but looks pretty impressive. Be advised…your guests will be vying for the last tasty slice.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 16-in.
- x 12-in. rectangle; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking
- sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry. Arrange asparagus on top;
- sprinkle with remaining cheese. Combine the lemon juice, lemon peel,
- oil, salt and pepper; sprinkle over top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer
- or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Slice and serve
- warm. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 189 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.