This lemony cheese and veggie tart is easy to make but looks pretty impressive. Be advised…your guests will be vying for the last tasty slice.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 16x12-in. rectangle; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry. Arrange asparagus on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Combine the lemon juice, lemon peel, oil, salt and pepper; sprinkle over top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Fontina Asparagus Tart in Country Woman November/December 2006, p27
Reviews for Fontina Asparagus Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review