- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 16x12-in. rectangle; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry. Arrange asparagus on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Combine the lemon juice, lemon peel, oil, salt and pepper; sprinkle over top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Fontina Asparagus Tart
Sort By :
"This was delicious. Loved the lemon flavour. Something different to serve, yet easy to make."
"Best asparagus recipe out there if I do say so myself! Perfect for a crowd or even 1 or 2! Every last crumb is gobbled up no matter how many people. I wish my name was below the recipe since I am the winner/creator of it but oh well! I am glad so many people get to enjoy this recipe, it came from my heart."
"I've made this a new times now - it's absolutely delicious! Since good Fontina cheese is somewhat pricey, the second time I made this, I used one-half Fontina cheese and one-half Havarti cheese (which I also love and it's a very creamy, rich cheese as well). My kids love this too!"
"going to make it again !! This is so simple. never makes enough no matter how many I make. leaves my family ad friends wanting more"
"I made this for a group of friends and it was delicious! Will make again and again!"