- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 pound fontina cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over pastry. Arrange asparagus on top; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Combine the lemon juice, lemon peel, oil, salt and pepper; sprinkle over top. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender and cheese is melted. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Fontina Asparagus Tart(5)
Sort By :
Best asparagus recipe out there if I do say so myself! Perfect for a crowd or even 1 or 2! Every last crumb is gobbled up no matter how many people. I wish my name was below the recipe since I am the winner/creator of it but oh well! I am glad so many people get to enjoy this recipe, it came from my heart.
I've made this a new times now - it's absolutely delicious! Since good Fontina cheese is somewhat pricey, the second time I made this, I used one-half Fontina cheese and one-half Havarti cheese (which I also love and it's a very creamy, rich cheese as well). My kids love this too!
going to make it again !! This is so simple. never makes enough no matter how many I make. leaves my family ad friends wanting more
I made this for a group of friends and it was delicious! Will make again and again!
make sure you roll out the pastry... it shrinks when you put it in the oven to brown. Very tasty... will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Puff Pastry Appetizer >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >