- 1 medium sweet potato (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan. Peel and cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. slices. Cut each slice into 1/2-in.-wide strips; place in a microwave-safe dish. Add water. Microwave, covered, on high 3-4 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Unroll and press dough to fit prepared pan. If desired, pinch edge to form a rim. Sprinkle with mozzarella and fontina cheeses; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Top with sweet potato; sprinkle with herbs. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake on lowest oven rack 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fontina & Sweet Potato Pizza
Sort By :
This was such a fun pizza! I have never seen sweet potatoes as a pizza topping before this. I was so excited to try it. I did use wheat pizza dough. I am a pizza sauce fan. To me...it's all about the sauce, so I added a homemade white sauce to this pizza recipe. I also caramelized onions to add to the pizza. I completely forgot to add the herbs, but it was still absolutely delicious! Love the great idea!
My toddler who is against vegetables at the moment loved this pizza. It was a great way to get him to eat his vegetables. I did use my homemade whole wheat pizza dough instead of the refrigerated. My husband on the other hand did not like the pizza and thought it didn't have enough flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Italian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >