The recipe came about mainly thanks to my husband, who's a real pizza fan. And it gets nutrient-rich sweet potatoes into a meal, which I love. It always leaves you wanting more. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Grease a 12-in. pizza pan. Peel and cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. slices. Cut each slice into 1/2-in.-wide strips; place in a microwave-safe dish. Add water. Microwave, covered, on high 3-4 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Unroll and press dough to fit prepared pan. If desired, pinch edge to form a rim. Sprinkle with mozzarella and fontina cheeses; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Top with sweet potato; sprinkle with herbs. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake on lowest oven rack 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato & Fontina Pizza in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fontina & Sweet Potato Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review