Fondant-Filled Candies Recipe
Meet the Cook: Here's an easy way to make two festive and unique candies from one basic recipe! Half of the creamy fondant is flavored with mint for the centers of peppermint patties. Then you mix a little maraschino cherry juice with the rest of the fondant and use it to "wrap" cherries before dipping them in chocolate. -Debbi Loney, Central City, Kentucky
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 4 drops peppermint oil
- 2-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk and corn syrup. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar (mixture will be stiff). Divide into two portions.
- 2. For peppermint patties, add the peppermint oil to one portion. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls into balls and flatten. In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating, stir until smooth. With a slotted spoon, dip peppermint disks in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- 3. For chocolate-covered cherries, drain cherries, reserving 3 tablespoons of juice; set cherries aside. Combine juice with remaining fondant. Add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary to form a stiff mixture.
- 4. Roll into 1-in. balls; flatten to 2-in. circles. Wrap each circle around a cherry and carefully shape into a ball. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover loosely. Melt remaining candy coating; dip cherries in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks for candy to ripen and center to soften. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 343 calories, 13 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Fondant-Filled Candies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC