Fondant-Filled Candies Recipe
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 4 drops peppermint oil
- 2-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine milk and corn syrup. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar (mixture will be stiff). Divide into two portions.
- For peppermint patties, add the peppermint oil to one portion. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls into balls and flatten. In a microwave, melt 1 pound of candy coating, stir until smooth. With a slotted spoon, dip peppermint disks in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
- For chocolate-covered cherries, drain cherries, reserving 3 tablespoons of juice; set cherries aside. Combine juice with remaining fondant. Add additional confectioners' sugar if necessary to form a stiff mixture.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; flatten to 2-in. circles. Wrap each circle around a cherry and carefully shape into a ball. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover loosely. Melt remaining candy coating; dip cherries in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to harden. Refrigerate in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks for candy to ripen and center to soften. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fondant-Filled Candies(3)
Sort By :
yes it is a nice recipe and can be tried with marzipan filling too.
Fondant wouldn't stay around the cherries and kept sliding off. It was a huge mess.
This recipe was a disaster. I had to keep tweaking the fondant to get rid of the sugar taste, then, just as i thought it came out fine, it turned into a blob on the cherries. I don't know why I proceeded to dip them in the chocolate, but I did, & the fondant melted off the cherry & I was left w/ a huge mess. The recipe was not specific at all, so I didn't know about how to make the fondant set. Either way, I ended up throwing the entire mess away. Never making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >