Folded Hazelnut Cookies Recipe
We made these cookies when my boys were small. The boys were covered in flour, with aprons wrapped around them and Nutella on their faces. — Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:24 servings
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix hazelnuts and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch. Cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer to a clean work surface. Knead gently until mixture forms a smooth dough, about 2 minutes (dough will be crumbly but will come together).
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1/4 teaspoon Nutella in center. Fold dough partially in half, just enough to cover filling.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with hazelnut mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 108 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC