- 1 tablespoon finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix hazelnuts and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch. Cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer to a clean work surface. Knead gently until mixture forms a smooth dough, about 2 minutes (dough will be crumbly but will come together).
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1/4 teaspoon Nutella in center. Fold dough partially in half, just enough to cover filling.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with hazelnut mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Folded Hazelnut Cookies
Sort By :
Nutella is a good filling
The person who submitted this recipe must have the patience of a saint! I tried making these today with my 2 boys, ages 4 and 5. I quadrupled the batch to give out as Christmas gifts in my treat packages. Delicious! Mine turned out exactly like the pictures, my boys' cookies..... not so much, but they still taste just as good!
This delicate cookie is quick to make and tastes delicious! The Nutella and the hazelnut topping add just the right amount of sweetness to this feathery-light shortbread cookie.
These are amazing. Had to make a double batch the first time.