We made these cookies when my boys were small. The boys were covered in flour, with aprons wrapped around them and Nutella on their faces. — Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix hazelnuts and sugar. In a large bowl, whisk flour, confectioners' sugar and cornstarch. Cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer to a clean work surface. Knead gently until mixture forms a smooth dough, about 2 minutes (dough will be crumbly but will come together).
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1/4 teaspoon Nutella in center. Fold dough partially in half, just enough to cover filling.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with hazelnut mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Folded Hazelnut Cookies in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Folded Hazelnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review