Here's something a little different from the usual tacos— and it's special enough for potlucks or dinner guests.—Deborah Smith, DeWitt, Nebraska
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Pour half of the meat sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Set aside.
- Wrap the stack of tortillas in foil; warm at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with cream cheese and top with chilies. Fold tortillas in half. Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fold-Over Tortilla Bake in Country Ground Beef 1993, p87
Reviews for Fold-Over Tortilla Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review