- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour or corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, enchilada sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Pour half of the meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Set aside.
- Wrap the stack of tortillas in foil; warm at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Spread warm tortillas with cream cheese and top with chilies. Fold tortillas in half. Arrange folded tortillas over meat sauce; pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fold-Over Tortilla Bake
Sort By :
"I love this recipe! Finally a recipe with NO Bell Peppers"
"Oh, I'm so full! This dish was excellent. I made it with corn tortillas and low-fat cream cheese and low-fat shredded Mexican blend."
"Had this for the first time tonight (4/13/12). Made accoding to recipe and I wouldn't change a thing. Wow! So yummy. This is definately going on top of the favorite list."
"I LOVE this recipe. I've made it several times now and with different types of meat: diced chicken, ground turkey, and ground beef. It's delicious with all of them. The one thing I do a little differently than the recipe is that I put just a spoonful of the sauce inside each tortilla - I think it's awesome that way! My family and several friends ALL love it! I'll make this again and again! Thank you!"
"These were really delicious; I used ground turkey instead of beef. I used corn tortillas and they became almost tamale-like. Will definitely be making these again!"