Focaccia Pork Salad Recipe
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound honey-mustard center cut pork loin fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, blue cheese, bread cubes and pork. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oregano and remaining oil. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 287 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Focaccia Pork Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.