Focaccia Pork Salad
Dinner's done in no time with this easy salad flavored with honey-mustard pork, blue cheese and a simple 3 ingredient dressing.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound honey-mustard center cut pork loin fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for
- 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork in 2 teaspoons oil over
- medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, blue cheese, bread cubes and
- pork. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oregano and remaining oil.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hormel honey-mustard center cut pork loin filet. The package weighs about 27 ounces.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 287 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium,