Focaccia Party Sandwich Recipe
The men in your family will go crazy for this hearty loaf. When the weather cooperates, I wrap the sandwich in foil and cook it on the grill.—Jeanette Jones, Muncie, Indiana
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 loaf (1 pound) focaccia bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 slices deli pastrami
- 6 slices smoked deli ham
- 6 thin slices hard salami
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in thyme; set aside.
- 2. Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Combine mayonnaise and basil; spread over bread bottom. Layer with onion mixture, pastrami, ham, salami, tomato and cheese; replace bread top. Place sandwich on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 wedge equals 394 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,011 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC