Focaccia Party Sandwich Recipe
The men in your family will go crazy for this hearty loaf. When the weather cooperates, I wrap the sandwich in foil and cook it on the grill.—Jeanette Jones, Muncie, Indiana
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 loaf (1 pound) focaccia bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 slices deli pastrami
- 6 slices smoked deli ham
- 6 thin slices hard salami
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in thyme; set aside.
- 2. Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Combine mayonnaise and basil; spread over bread bottom. Layer with onion mixture, pastrami, ham, salami, tomato and cheese; replace bread top. Place sandwich on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 394 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1011mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Focaccia Party Sandwich
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC