The men in your family will go crazy for this hearty loaf. When the weather cooperates, I wrap the sandwich in foil and cook it on the grill.—Jeanette Jones, Muncie, Indiana
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 loaf (1 pound) focaccia bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 slices deli pastrami
- 6 slices smoked deli ham
- 6 thin slices hard salami
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in thyme; set aside.
- Cut focaccia in half horizontally. Combine mayonnaise and basil; spread over bread bottom. Layer with onion mixture, pastrami, ham, salami, tomato and cheese; replace bread top. Place sandwich on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Focaccia Party Sandwich in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p172
Reviews for Focaccia Party Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review