Focaccia Bread Recipe
Rosemary, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese give incredible flavor to this round loaf from Patty Lashbrook. "Crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's great with Italian food," writes the San Jose, California reader. "I serve warm slices along with peppered olive oil."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is complete, let dough rest in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle about 3/4 in. high. Brush with oil; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, rosemary and garlic salt.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients; serve with warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 115 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC