Focaccia Bread Squares Recipe
Looking for an alternative to garlic bread? Try this golden focaccia bread that's a big hit at our house. The dough is easy to whip up in the bread machine, then season with rosemary, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. I serve it warm whenever we're having spaghetti or another Italian dish. -Kay King, Dyersville, Iowa
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Knead for 1 minute. Press into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Press dough 1/4 in. up the sides of pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 20-30 minutes or until sightly risen.
- 3. With a wooden spoon handle, make indentations at 1-in. intervals. Brush dough with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, rosemary and garlic salt. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly. Cut into squares; serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Focaccia Bread Squares
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC