Green olives compliment this cheesy, pizza-like bread from Ivy Laffoon of Ceres, California. With very few ingredients, it’s packed with flavor. Serve it as an appetizer or alongside pasta, soup or salad for a mouthwatering meal.Ivy J Laffoon, Ceres, California
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- On an ungreased baking sheet, pat dough into a 12-in. x 6-in.
- rectangle. Build up edges slightly. Top with olives, cheeses and
- Italian seasoning; press gently into dough. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and
- golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.