Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, let dough rest in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle about 3/4 in. high. Brush with oil; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, rosemary and garlic salt.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients; serve with warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Focaccia Bread
Sort By :
Great, I did not use the bread machine. I just kneaded it for about 4 minutes and then I let it rise for about 1 hour, then punched it down and let it rise for another hour. I also added a bit of parmesan cheese and thyme to the dough. Tasted great!!
I made this bread to go with homemade potato soup and it was excellent.
My whole family loves this bread! I occasionally add in feta cheese or spinach or sauteed onion and garlic. It's perfect just the way it is, though!
I used to live in San Jose...but that's not the only reason why I'll make this! Thanks much!!
I do not have a bread machine but this recipe goes conventional very well with ingredients as stated, knead 8 minutes, rise about 40 minutes first, punch down and shape, rise another 30-40 minutes. Light and tasty. Best bread I have done in a long time. I also made the mistake of putting the cheese and tyme in the dough. Tastiest mistake I have ever made!!!! Wonderful.