- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- Additional olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, let dough rest in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into an 8-in. circle about 3/4 in. high. Brush with oil; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, rosemary and garlic salt.
- Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients; serve with warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Focaccia Bread
Sort By :
"Great, I did not use the bread machine. I just kneaded it for about 4 minutes and then I let it rise for about 1 hour, then punched it down and let it rise for another hour. I also added a bit of parmesan cheese and thyme to the dough. Tasted great!!"
"I made this bread to go with homemade potato soup and it was excellent."
"My whole family loves this bread! I occasionally add in feta cheese or spinach or sauteed onion and garlic. It's perfect just the way it is, though!"
"I used to live in San Jose...but that's not the only reason why I'll make this! Thanks much!!"
"I do not have a bread machine but this recipe goes conventional very well with ingredients as stated, knead 8 minutes, rise about 40 minutes first, punch down and shape, rise another 30-40 minutes. Light and tasty. Best bread I have done in a long time. I also made the mistake of putting the cheese and tyme in the dough. Tastiest mistake I have ever made!!!! Wonderful."