I named these cookies after the ranch I own. They are crisp and sweet with a nice nutty crunch and a hint of almond.—Jim Wyche, Odessa, Texas
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Flying W Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p49
Reviews for Flying W Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2011
"Very good! The almond extract really gives the cookies a good flavor,"
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
"What a terrific, chewy, yummy cookie!!! Now a family favorite!"