I named these cookies after the ranch I own. They are crisp and sweet with a nice nutty crunch and a hint of almond.—Jim Wyche, Odessa, Texas
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Flying W Pecan Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p49
Reviews for Flying W Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review