These handy pita pocket sandwiches can be filled and served ready to eat... or you can set up a make-your-own buffet with ingredients that the kids can choose to suit themselves.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 16 thin slices bologna
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 16 thin slices tomato
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon into
- each pita half. Stuff each with one lettuce leaf, two slices of
- bologna, one slice of ham and two slices of tomato. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 539 calories, 39 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,647 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.